Personal information is the data covered by the CCPA. Personal information refers to any data that relates to or could be reasonably linked to an individual or household in California.
Examples of personal information covered by the CCPA include:
- Identification information such as name, address and driver’s license.
- Indirect identifiers such as cookies, IP addresses, and web beacons.
- Geolocation data such as location history.
- Biometric information such as fingerprints, voice recordings, and health data.
- Internet activities such as browsing history and online transactions.