Frequently Asked Questions and Answers from Termly’s Legal Experts

What legal documents do I need on my website?

You need a privacy policy on your website if you collect personal information from residents of California or the European Economic Area (EEA).

You need an affiliate disclaimer on your website if you receive compensation in exchange for mentioning or linking to affiliate products or pages.

Although they are not legally required, other policies may help limit your website’s liability or improve your website’s user experience. These policies include terms and conditions, and other types of disclaimers.

Related Questions

Ecommerce sites should also have a return policy.

In addition to your privacy policy, terms and conditions, and disclaimer, your site should have a return policy if you offer goods or services.

Trusted by Thousands

Trusted by thousands of companies worldwide, Termly’s intuitive software generates legal policies and handles consent management for any business in minutes.

Brand Logo FIS Brand Logo Eggland Brand Logo Veeps Brand Logo Hertz Brand Logo K2 Sports Brand Logo Law Insider
Termly Bolt
Try Termly’s Compliance Solutions For Free!
Get Compliant
Jona, Senior Product Manager @ Termly

Termly allows our users to focus more on their business instead of spending countless hours figuring out data privacy compliance. - Jona, Senior Product Manager @ Termly