Instagram’s Platform Policy Requirements
Section 3 of Instagram’s platform policy addresses the use of collected data. It covers everything from prohibited practices to exceptions to the restrictions.
Instagram provides additional rules for service and tech providers in section 5.
For example, Instagram clearly states that your service providers must have a signed policy in place before gaining access to any data:
The additional rules for tech providers cover client-related information. Data use for a client must be solely for that specific client’s purpose, as seen here:
Tech providers are also subject to rules regarding client information, data sharing with clients, and client termination.
- Make your policy clear and freely accessible. People can’t be charged to access it.
- Clearly define compliance rules, like age and content restrictions.
- Clearly define what information you’ll access and how you’ll use it.
- Explain how you’ll utilize user-generated content.
- Tell users how you protect their data and what security measures are in place.
- Include information on international privacy laws, like the GDPR and CCPA.