Instagram’s Platform Policy Requirements
Section 3: Data Use
Section 3 of Instagram’s platform policy addresses the use of collected data. It covers everything from prohibited practices to exceptions to the restrictions.
Section 5: Service Providers and Tech Providers
Instagram provides additional rules for service and tech providers in section 5.
For example, Instagram clearly states that your service providers must have a signed policy in place before gaining access to any data:
The additional rules for tech providers cover client-related information. Data use for a client must be solely for that specific client’s purpose, as seen here:
Tech providers are also subject to rules regarding client information, data sharing with clients, and client termination.
- Make your policy clear and freely accessible. People can’t be charged to access it.
- Clearly define compliance rules, like age and content restrictions.
- Clearly define what information you’ll access and how you’ll use it.
- Explain how you’ll utilize user-generated content.
- Tell users how you protect their data and what security measures are in place.
- Include information on international privacy laws, like the GDPR and CCPA.